Monday, December 4, 2017

December Elm Street Quilts OMG: More Please!

December Elm Street Quilts OMG:  Two More Bowl Cozies
Nearly two years ago, my neighbor gave me one bowl cozy to see if I liked using them.  Now, with a new chef in the kitchen we are eating more soup and we needed another bowl cozy. 

Yesterday, while roaming around Craft Warehouse with a 40% off coupon, I spotted kits for four bowl cozies.  The bright fall veggie print went so well with my near vintage set of Corelle Wild Flower dinnerware that I made that my discounted purchase and promptly came home and stitched up two along with three pillowcases that were kits on the clearance rack.

My Elm Street Quilts December OMG is to make up the other two bowl cozies from the kit and gift them for Christmas. 

Oh, BTW, my new chef, as of our 45th wedding anniversary on November 18th, is an Instant Pot Duo 8.  I thought I didn't need one but I am running the pot at least once if not 2 or 3 times a day.  We are vegan and cooking healthy soups with fresh ingredients is amazingly quick and easy and non-dairy yogurt is a cinch.  I don't know how I have survived without a pressure cooker of some sort all these years.  The fact that the Instant Pot series come with various programs, has made it the star over my other pots like the rice cooker and slow cooker.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Great gift idea. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I’ve been wanting to make something like for gifts too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

One of these days I'm going to make some bowl cozies. Now, if I can just find that pattern and kit hubby bought me (how many years ago>???)