Sunday, December 31, 2017

December Elm Street Quilts OMG Link Up: Four and More

Elm Street Quilts December OMG: Complete the remaining two bowl cozies from a previously purchased kit
It was a simple goal, finish two more bowl cozies from the kit for four that I purchased at Craft Warehouse.  All four are done and ready for soup, our favorite winter meal, plus the additional two can be added to the gift drawer for giving in the coming year.

This month's Elm Street's OMG was quick and easy because other projects needed finishing for the holidays.  There were two coordinating pillows that went to one of the DiLs.

Three reading/travel pillows for the grands:


And a Craftsy class project that was a test run so I could help my niece if she found some instructions confusing or difficult.  Of course I couldn't help putting my own spin on the apron by adding some design details of my own. 
My apron has a gathered skirt with rounded corners, a yoke, ric-rac, and a larger than suggested pocket using the pattern piece from my favorite apron pattern.  Since I don't like apron strings at the back of my neck, the tie loops and knots in front.  There are new design features and alterations I want to try on my next version of this apron.

The apron class was a gift to my niece so she could refer back to the instructions when needed.  It will probably be my last Craftsy class.  They are no longer supporting the ChromeBook operating system and the app for the Android phone did not perform well for me.  Sometimes it would not load and if it did, it might lock up while I was trying to watch a video.  Also, the phone app would not allow me to slide the progress bar forward to a section of the video I needed to review.  It only would go back to repeat segments with their rewind option or when I tried to slide the video's progress bar forward. 

With my background in ed tech, I know it is challenging to keep up with all the popular operating systems and deliver classes smoothly but ChromeBook is one the most affordable operating systems available and the devices are highly portable because they are lighter than a laptop and can be the size of a tablet while offering a keyboard.  The battery is very efficient and holds a charge for long periods.  I find myself preferring the ChromeBook over our laptop and would buy one again.   

1 comment:

Patty said...

Nice project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.