Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Elm Street Quilts OMG

Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal October Linkup
Last Sunday, I made this baby quilt top and back.  The top is made quickly and easily, with 5 inch WOF strips and no tedious sewing of charm squares.  I used to layer and pin baste baby quilts like this on my dining room table and quilt them on my regular sewing machine.  I would do a narrow multi-stitch zigzag over the seams to quilt the layers because quilting over the seam lines is stronger than straight stitching in the ditch but my long-arm machine will do the honors, instead.  Meandering loops and flowers should work well with the fabrics and simple checkered blocks.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Baby quilts are such fun to make. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.