Saturday, July 29, 2017

July OMG Link-up: A Table Runner Completed

Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - July Finish 
With the garden and an extended weekend beach trip presenting distractions from my fiber passions, not much sewing has been done this month except for some progress on 4 table runners using the Fab Five wedge template.  Two are from one version in the Fab Five Table Snacks pattern.  One has been completed.

Except for the fact that the fabric was purchased before the produce in the garden became prolific and was fermenting on the kitchen counter, one might have concluded these pickled veggies were my inspiration for this month's project.
While I think I would prefer to have black strips framing each wedge with the 6 fat quarters I chose for the pair, I am satisfied with the appearance of the completed runner and would make up more using the same technique with or without framing strips.

Also, before I piece my wedges for my second pair of runners, I might reposition, omit, or exchange the bright lime batik.  It appears to have a phosphorescent glow and is a bit too bright amidst the others.

The runner is basically made like the reversible mitered napkins from the Alizida blog.  Since most of my table runners are layered with Pellon fleece, a very thin polyester batting, I thought I might not like just two layers of fabric for a runner but it is flat and smooth and looks attractive.  With the success of this runner, I might even try a Ten Minute Table Runner, a style I have avoided in the past, opting to make WOF versions instead.  

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If you had the black strips between the fabrics, the lime green wouldn't seem so bright.

Patty said...

Table runners are fun to make. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.