Monday, August 6, 2018

August Elm Street Quilts OMG: One Step Forward

It seems like the piles on my cutting table are multiplying.  I should be making progress on cleaning it off so I can use it for cutting instead of sorting fabrics for quilts and other projects but I keep getting distracted and instead of organizing, I sew or quilt instead and pull more fabrics out of boxes, adding to the disarray.  Of course, buying more fabric doesn't help either. 

Two small projects for the month would subtract from some of the mess on the cutting table.  If I make binding for the quilt I just took off the quilting machine and the pillowcase that goes with the quilt I made my newest grandson, I can put some extra fabric away.

There is a diagonal print stripe that will make great binding for the Yellow Brick Road below.
Elm Street Quilts August OMG:  Make Binding
And there is surplus of the scattered bunny fabric in the last border of this quilt for the pillowcase.  I promised a pillowcase would appear sometime in the future.
I hope to accomplish more but my sister has doctor appointments, our niece's maid of honor is staying with us the week of the wedding, we have missionary friends dropping by the same weekend, and at the end of the month, it would be nice to take a day trip down to Silverton and Mt. Angel to see the sights.  

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sounds like your house will be as full as our house just was. I need to pull most of my fabrics out, so that I can sort them into colors. I have no clue what all I have stored in the basement. Enjoy your guests, and I hope you get your 'lights'.

swooze said...

Good luck with your goal! Your fabric choices are very pretty.

Patty said...

Pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.