Thursday, July 26, 2018

Elm Street Quilts July OMG Finish: Waves. . .

It has been said:  "Life is a series of waves to be embraced and overcome."  Some longarm quilters would say to embrace the challenge of this quilt top.  The wavy borders are not that bad; some quilters have taken on far worse.  Proof exists on YouTube as they demonstrate their prowess with their longarm using varying techniques to conquer the waves.
Elm Street Quilts July OMG Finish

Two weeks ago, I was planning to take the borders off and use a different sewing machine to stitch them on again.  I am convinced it was having the Pfaff's dual feed engaged that caused this problem because the previous quilt with all bias edges was completed with the Janome 9400 without the AccuFeed foot attached and the borders went on flawlessly with no issues or challenges for me to conquer.

My fear of the challenge has diminished and the thrill of conquest is building.  Stay tuned to see if I rise to the occasion or cave in and retreat to my favorite chair to remove the offensive borders.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Pretty quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you got this fixed. Never fun to rip out if you don't have to. We had family come to visit last week, and they loved the pretty apron I kept wearing in the kitchen. Thanks again for my pretty apron. The mug mats got buried under stuff in my sewing room, since it turned into a nursery for that time. Hoping to get in there later today.