Thursday, April 5, 2018

Elm Street Quilts April Link-up: Three Yards

I purchased 3 yards of coordinating fabric and then decided I didn't like it.  What do I do?  Use it up and get it out of the house!  But, I am running short of fabric for the design I thought might work.  Nevertheless, I am determined to finish this top for my Elm Street Quilts April OMG.  It will then become a charity quilt for the county chaplains who are called out to assist with death notifications and other emergencies when a chaplain is requested.

This is the design that I started with:
Whirligig
Unfortunately, the block dimensions I came up with are too big for 3 one yard cuts.  I will have enough for the blocks but not for the borders as pictured.  I will have to come up with another plan.  That will be a mystery until the next Elm Street Quilts Link-up.

One row of completed blocks:

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

At least you are sewing. I haven't sewn most of the month, since I had a rush trip to Texas for a funeral, and I've been sick since before that. I like the whirligig pattern.

Lisa J. said...

Good luck on meeting your goal and getting the fabric out of the house!

Patty said...

Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.