Friday, November 3, 2017

November Elmstreet Quilts OMG: What's Up Next

My Elmstreet Quilts November OMG (one monthly goal) is to make some small bit of progress on the baby quilt that was on Patience, my HandiQuilter 16, last month.  Making the binding ought to be enough among getting a few gifts done and Thanksgiving.

The binding will be two fabrics with one making a narrow flange or the appearance of faux piping.  This type of binding is all sewn by machine and very sturdy for a baby quilt.  I am better at traditional binding and prefer it because handwork is a good reason to curl up in my favorite chair with a good book playing on my phone or a favorite movie from my DVD collection or Netflix.  However, I need practice sewing the two color binding for baby and charity quilts that will receive much wear and laundering.  

There are some great tutorials for the two color binding.  Here are a couple:
Flanged Binding Tutorial
Tuesday Tutorial: Susie's Magic Binding

1 comment:

Patty said...

Pretty fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.