Wednesday, May 31, 2017

June OMG: Armrest Pincushion

I have had so many ideas for June bubbling in my head, it has been hard to set my OMG.  It's not that there aren't unfinished projects that need to completed, but there are also all the patterns I have purchased and never made up.  One recent acquisition is calling out my name.

This pattern was purchased on a whim thinking I would make it up immediately for a gift.  The birthday came and went and I made up another project, a special pillowcase from a kit that included fabrics from Timeless Treasures Knitting Chickens line.  My neighbor and I are knit chicks.

The pattern seeking my attention is an armrest sewing station.  It would be convenient to have one for my recliner, my favorite spot to do the final pass of hand stitching on quilt bindings and attach quilt labels.  Cindy Taylor Oates' pattern, Sit and Stitch Pincushion, is perfect for the job.



6 comments:

Preeti said...

That chicken fabric makes me smile :-) I am sure that armrest caddy would be lovely and perfect for the June OMG. I have not even started thinking about that. YIKES!!!

Sally said...

I would really like to get the quilt finished from last month's OMG but finishing a quilt in June seems daunting. The armrest sewing stations looks like something I can get done. If I cut two at a time, I might even get a gift done.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

A friend made me one that is similar. It is nice.

Laura said...

The armrest pincushion looks like a great project! I could use one of those myself! :)

Patty said...

fun pattern. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Jayne Honnold said...

I know what you mean about deciding which UFO or WIP to go with. I have plenty to choose from, too. I love the pattern you want to make for your armrest. It looks very, very functional! Good luck!