Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Little Something. . .

A dear friend has been very thoughtful and helpful.  She visits my special needs sister and has even offered to take my my mom shopping at the mall or run errands for her.  That is a chore I avoid.  I don't have the shopping compulsion.  Somehow it skipped a generation.

I made Shannon two aprons from a yard of decorator fabric, one for Christmas and one as a sort of wedding shower gift because her daughter was threatening to run off with the first one and my friend recently celebrated her marriage in Las Vegas.

There was one last scrap of fabric that didn't get used because it was really a pocket I cut along the wrong grain.  It made a perfect pocket potholder.  The dishcloths will go in the pocket.



7 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very cute!

Sharon said...

What a lovely gift. I'm sure they will be very appreciated.

mabaker said...

What a lovely gift! I love aprons and have thought about making some for Christmas Gifts, or hostess gift.Thanks for inspiration !

k9dancer said...

How lovely! Anyone would enjoy one of these aprons.

Unknown said...

Love the colors and designs! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors, great work! Such a nice gift!

TheRibbonshirtlady said...

Sally, those are adorable. I also enjoy making aprons and I'm behind on the ones I need to do for Christmas, been spending to much time with the embroidery machine, lol.
Janet