Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Good Month for Projects

Record Snow Storm
We had an unusual snowstorm that left us with 13 inches of snow this month.  The snow caused havoc for a week and then left us quickly when our temperatures returned to normal.  Besides shoveling our driveway, I have some projects to show since Christmas and for being snowbound.
Decorative Napkins for the Kitchen Table
 I love the method for the napkins.  It works so slick!
Three Reversible Table Runners
This quickie table runner makes a great gift and is so easy.  I have more details on another blog entry:  WOF Table Runners  Sometimes I vary the strips a bit depending on the fabric available.  I had a kit for one 10 Minute Table Runner that I was making the most of by supplementing with some coordinating fabrics.  The kit fabrics were the orange and lime green Riley Blake fabrics and the additions were the black and the backing fabrics.

Two Aprons for Gifting



Much Needed Slippers for Me
 The free pattern for the slippers is a keeper.  I like the garter stitch sole.  It feels cushy.
Napkins & Mug Rugs or Candle Mats

Gift Apron
The pattern for the apron is in a booklet.  I collect apron patterns but this is my number one favorite.  The half apron version of the one above has been well liked among fans of that style, too.

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Now you are ahead for next years gift giving. Lots of nice finishes. I copied the napkin tutorial, just in case.

Sally said...

Cheryl, I have been making napkins with a 3 thread rolled edge ever since I bought my first serger in the 80's. This reversible version with the mitered corners is amazing. I am sure if you try it once, you will be hooked! The the napkins look so professional and they are a cinch, easily made with any machine.