Thursday, January 26, 2017

Goal!

My OMG for Elm Street Quilts has been quilted and bound.  The quilting was completed on Tuesday morning and the binding was on by Wednesday night.

Stitch and Flip Baby Quilt: OMG Quilt for January
The Stitch and Flip Quilt is a fast and easy quilt for a baby shower.  It requires only 1/2 of a Jelly Roll.  The project is worth repeating.  One could make two at a time and switch the vertical strip between the two quilts.
Shannon is thinking about what her grandmas name will be so the label will have to wait until she decides.

It feels good to have completed one of the tops in my stack.  There is one more top I made with fabrics from this line.  It may be my OMG for February and gifted to a granddaughter arriving by adoption.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Love it! Thanks for linking up with Elm street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Nann said...

The white strips really enhance the bright bold colors. Great job!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

I love the white stripes. That is what I usually do. I like your plan to use one jelly roll and switch the slim stripes between them.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

One of these days I'll make one of those. I have the pattern, since it was a charity challenge for one of my quilt guilds (obviously, I didn't make one).

Sally said...

Cheryl, it is one of those quilt tops that goes together easily and looks nice with in the ditch quilting or serpentine or zig-zag stitch over the seams. No fancy quilting required.

Karla said...

Cute pattern -- yours is so cute!

happyneedles said...

I must admit, I love, love the back of your quilt.My mamaw used to quilt, she would be over 100 if alive now that tells you how long ago this memory goes back, mamaw used big hunks of
fabric on some of her daily used quilts. I have one remaining ... now a day the back is the part that remains the "love" of mine.

thank you for sharing your beautiful work

p.s. mamaw also quilted double wedding ring quilts and many others with lots of pieces.

she is my hero even today