This is the first pair of socks with real sock yarn. The first two pair were from yarn labeled worsted weight. I can't believe I actually managed to knit with fingering weight yarn. It isn't as bad I as I once thought.
The textured design is actually a mistake. I found a spiral rib that looked fun but it was written for straight needles. When I wrote it for circs, I made a few errors and ended up with a wiggly bubbly effect that is very stretchy. I liked it so much, I didn't tear it out and rewrite. The only down side was trying to duplicate the pattern when I dropped stitches. It was a real effort for my brain to think backwards through the pattern to pick the stitches up with a small crotchet hook.
Wiggly Bubble Rib (multiples of 4)
Rnd 1: *Knit 2, Purl 2; rep from *
Rnd 2: *Purl 2, Knit 2; rep from *
Rnd 3: Knit 1, *Purl 2, Knit 2; rep from *, end Purl 2, Knit 1
Rnd 4: Rep rnd 3
Rnd 5: *Purl 2, Knit 2; rep from *
Rnd 6: Rep rnd 5
Rnd 7: Rep rnd 3
Rnd 8: Rep rnd 3
The next pair of socks will have a zigzag rib up the top of the foot and around the leg. It is a cool pattern written for circs in Socks a la carte. I can't wait to get my copy of the new version written for toe up socks, Socks a la carte 2.