Here are the general instructions for worsted weight yarn and 10 1/2 US circular needles. Change them as necessary to get the gauge or size bag you desire. Note that an even number of stitches on each needle are required for the decreases and eyelets to distribute evenly.
- Using the Aloha cast-on, cast on 8 stitches on each needle. Knit the first round.
- Next round and those remaining until you have a total of 22 stitches on each needle: Knit 1, increase one in the next stitch and the next to the last stitch, knit last stitch on each needle.
- Then knit even for about 3 inches.
- Decrease: Knit one, knit 2 together every stitch then knit last stitch on each needle (12 stitches remaining on each needle).
- Knit even 4 rounds.
- Eyelet row: Knit 1, *YO (yarn over), knit 2 together* repeating until last stitch, YO then knit last stitch.
- Knit even 4 rounds or so then bind off with the Stretch Armstrong sewn bind-off.
- Make 2 twisted cords and thread through the eyelets for drawstrings. I started with 3 yards of yarn folded in half for each cord (each cord has 4 strands of yarn).