Sunday, June 7, 2020

Bluprint Blues

I took a year off from blogging to focus on acquiring a new skill.  Since Bluprint began as Craftsy, I have been purchasing online classes but I hadn't really joined the forum as a member.  In March of 2019, I bought a year's membership with the goal of learning to free motion quilt on a domestic machine and eventually my longarm.  My membership came with free forever classes and almost all the classes I enrolled in for the last year have been on free motion quilting.  Bluprint has been my favorite online class delivery system and educational community.  

Now Bluprint is closing and I am exploring ways to save my content, almost 10 years of classes and the accompanying resources.  I have managed to collect all of the patterns I had in my library but now the task of downloading the class videos.  This program looks promising, Allavsoft.  For the price of a Bluprint class on sale, one can use Allavsoft for a month.  Stay posted.  I will be busy.


2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I didn't do any of their classes, but I did have lots of patterns. I downloaded the patterns over the weekend. Now to organize them on my computer so that I can find everything easily. It won't let you organize them as you download them.

Rose-Marie said...

Sally, you are wise to download the classes now while you have plenty of time. I am not happy with the lack of warning Bluprint gave when they announced that purchases would be suspended...was it even 48 hour notice? I have been concerned they will the purchased classes with equally little forewarning, not giving us adequate time to download them.

In the meantime, I am very sad that 6 downloads of my annual subscription are yet unclaimed and must now remain so. The (lack of) communication about this was disheartening. It was a really great subscription, and it's very unfortunate that Bluprint has closed.