Saturday, September 1, 2018

Elm Street Quilts OMG Link Up: Challenge met with Success

An earlier Elm Street Quilts OMG for the month of July was not on my list as a pleasing finish.  The quilt top was done and the monthly goal was met on time but the borders were rippling and I was seriously contemplating removing them to correct the problem. 
The top was set aside while I finished another older UFO for the month of August.  I also watched other longarm quilters in YouTube videos take on quilts with worse borders than mine.  With 10 years of longarm quilting experience of quilting mostly my own quilts with no issues, I decided I needed to accept the challenge and leave on the wavy borders.  The results were an amazing and I am very pleased.
All fullness was worked in with no pleats or puckers.  The quilt is flat and square with straight borders.  Additionally, the pale minty green thread blends perfectly across the different batiks with no tension issues.  I am a happy quilter!

My Elm Street Quilts OMG for September is to finish binding the quilt.  The binding is ready to attach and with Fall weather bringing lower temperatures and some rain, it should be a pleasant task to sit with the quilt on my lap while I listen to a book or two.

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely quilt. Glad it quilted out nicely.

Patty said...

Pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.